Hi Andrej,

Sorry for the late response. Didn't get an update email about it.

As long as you don't setup an instance with the 'elasticsearch::instance'
define it will only install the package but do nothing afterwards.
I recently fixed that the default files from the packages are being removed
now.
The memory can be set via the init_defaults hash by setting the ES_HEAP
option.

The issue with 0.90.x versions is that it automatically starts up after
package installation.
Since i don't stop it, it keeps running. Its advised to run a newer version
of ES since 0.90.x will be EOL'd at some point.