So, your "search-only" machines are running out of memory, while your
"index-only" machines are doing fine. Did I understand you correctly? Could
you send me nodes stats (curl "localhost:9200/_nodes/stats?pretty") from
the machine that runs out of memory, please run stats a few times with 1
hour interval. I would like to see how memory consumption is increasing
over time. Please, also run nodes info ones (curl "localhost:9200/_nodes")
and post here (or send me by email) the results. Thanks!