Hi,

I am using ES Java API to talk to an ES server. Sometimes I need to index a
single doc, sometimes dozens or hundreds at a time. I'd prefer to keep my
code simple (am a contrarian thinker) and wonder if I can get away with
always using bulk API (ie BulkRequestBuilder). so that my interface to ES
would look like so:

void indexDoc(Doc doc);
void indexDocs(Collection<Doc> docs);

...but impl would always delegate to BulkRequestBuilder - with number of
actions sometimes being ~ 1.

Is there a performance (or other) downside to this approach. Specifically,
would bulk index updates (with set of size == 1) take significantly longer
than non-bulk updates?

thanks,
-nikita