I ran into a performance issue today with nested Terms aggregations.
Performance took a 1000x dive (aggregation time went from ~10ms to
~10,000ms) when I added a terms aggregation as a sub-aggregation of an
existing term aggregation.

The nature of the data is that the sub-aggregation will only yield 1 bucket
- so its not like there were a bazillion buckets - but we do kind of have a
deep nesting of aggregations - and this particular aggregation lies at the
leaf of all aggregations.

That said, would such a jump in performance be expected? Might it be a bug?
Should I create a simple test case to reproduce it?

(If youre wondering why I would do a term aggregation where I only expect 1
result - see
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/elasticsearch/y5WTIIAxEPo)

Here is part of my request:
{