The standard procedure to register a repository is to issue a PUT command
to the cluster.

I'd like to automatize the process, in a way such as a script can build a
search engine server and register a repository into it.

However, I can not trust the server be "ready and listening" immediately
after it's been started, so I'm afraid that if I issue the PUT command
right after starting the elasticsearch server, the server won't be ready
yet, and to repository is registered.

That's why I thought of specifying the repository in the elasticsearch
config file, but I haven't found any documentation regarding this.

Is this possible? or , at least, is there any signal or event I can listen
to to know when a elasticsearch server is "ready"?