From: elasticsearch@googlegroups.com [mailto:elasticsearch@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Mark Walkom
Sent: 2014年7月14日 10:03
To: elasticsearch@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: best practice wanted for huge number of index time serial data

This is pretty standard for logstash type data.

Use daily indexes, don't use TTL.

Regards,
Mark Walkom

Infrastructure Engineer
Campaign Monitor
email: ma...@campaignmonitor.com <mailto:ma...@campaignmonitor.com>
web: www.campaignmonitor.com <http://www.campaignmonitor.com>

On 14 July 2014 11:40, LiMac <cnwangy...@gmail.com
<mailto:cnwangy...@gmail.com> > wrote:

Hi folks,

I am trying to index a huge number of time serial data. The total number will
be 5k docs for one second which will continue for several months. I also need
to search these data, but only inside a very small time rage, maybe one hour.
Is there any best practice for this kind of use case?

Thanks!

Alan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/7b659b5f-7f50-483d-a2d5-de9c2e4b650c%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/7b659b5f-7f50-483d-a2d5-de9c2e4b650c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>