Hi Erich

On 14 May 2014 02:49, Erich Lin <e...@onekingslane.com> wrote:

> 1) will they always be in the same order if we set the preference
> parameter to an arbitrary string like the user’s session ID.

They will be, until a merge happens (eg from indexing, updating, deleting,
or just because...)

> 2) If so, is there a way to predict this deterministic order? Is it done
> by ID of the documents as a tiebreaker etc?

It's the order of docs in the Lucene segment

> 3) If not, could we specify that or do we have to do a secondary sort on
> ID if we wanted to do that?

Yes, you could provide a secondary sort on _uid (not _id)

> Also, is it possible that the default order for an equal relevance score
changed between 1.0 and 1.2 ? We've noticed seemingly random ordering in
our regression when updating.

It shouldn't have - if you can reproduce this, please open an issue.