I have created a gist with an analyzer that uses filter shingle in attempt
to match sub phrases.

For instance I have entries in the table with discrete phrases like

EGFR
Lung Cancer
Lung
Cancer

and I want to match these when searching the phrase 'EGFR related lung
cancer

My expectation is that the multi word matches score higher than the single
matches, for instance...
1. Lung Cancer
2. Lung
3. Cancer
4. EGFR

Additionally, I tried a standard analyzer match but this didn't yield the
desired result either. One complicating aspect to this approach is that the
min_shingle_size has to be 2 or more.

How then would I be able to match single words like 'EGFR' or 'Lung'?

thanks

https://gist.github.com/nicktackes/ffdbf22aba393efc2169.js