Hello,

So I've replaced some machines we had with more memory and it seems to have
helped but I'm starting to see some high memory usage on one of the
machines.  What I don't understand and can't figure out is where that
memory is being used?

We have 26GB RAM, allocating 13.5G for the ES_HEAP_SIZE.  Looking at `top`
it currently shows the java process to be using (RES) 22G and using `free`
I confirm that there is only 3172M available.

One would conclude that ES is using it all as shown by top.  And yes that
makes sense, but it's not translating to performance of my queries by
caching them and even more so, when I look in marvel I see the following
stats for that one node.

JVM Heap Usage: 36%
OS Memory: 87%

And here's the interesting parts:

Indices Field Data: 427,577,836
Indices Filter Cache: 54,641,296
Indices Lucene Memory: 308,679,803

Field Data Circuit Breaker Estimated Size: 428,615,926
No field data evictions at all. 0.00

So where then is all my memory being used? This doesn't add up to 22GB -
not even close.

Thanks for all your help!
Daniel