I think you should handle that at index time and separate IP from port and
index both in separate fields.

--
David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com
@dadoonet | @elasticsearchfr

Le 31 juillet 2014 à 18:38:09, Chris Neal (chris.n...@derbysoft.net) a écrit:

Right, but I was more wondering about the use case of supporting a port in
*some* fashion, in some type?
Or is a string type the best type for holding an ip:port combination?

Thanks for the help :)