Well. I guess it depends on your query. What does it look like?

--
David ;-)

Le 1 août 2014 à 04:14, "Wang Yong" <cnwangy...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi folks, I have an index storing lots of time serial data. The data are put
into index by :

curl -XPUT 'localhost:9200/testindex/action1/1?pretty' -d '
{
    "val": 23,
    "timestamp": 1406822400
}'

And the only thing I search in this index is histogram facet in a very short
time range, like “recent 5 min”. I found that the performance was pretty good
at first. But when the index get bigger, the performance dropped to
unacceptable. I found the IO maybe the bottleneck by checking the result of
iostat.

My question is, even I only facet in a very short time range, why the size of
index has so big impact on the performance of such query? Do I have to use
daily index, just like logstash?