Hi,

This is something I have discovered is happening... if I have a "long" type
I can still store numbers such as 2, "4" and 1.2

Then when I retrieve the type is not long but string and float;(

In other words in Java when I examine my values I can have 2 (type long) ,
"4" (type string) , 1.2 (type float)

But if I want to enforce the type at the time of "data entry" can I enforce
only longs are accepted ?

I mean if I try to index "this is a number" I will get a format exception.

So can I force an exception when I try to index "4" instead of 4?

Or better still can ES convert the "4" to 4 (type long)
And the 1.2 converted to 1 (type long)

?

Thanks,