Hey,

are you using HTTP keep alive connections? If not consider switching to
them, as reopening a new TCP connection not only results in high latencies
but also removes file handle resources from the elasticsearch process (the
number of open files). if your client/language does not support this, you
should either use nginx or at least try to use bulk operations in order to
create less TCP connections, however this is just a workaround.

--Alex