Hi all,

Hope you can give me some pointers on this topic. I'm trying to figure out
what is going wrong in my setup/config but I cannot figure it out.

I have two servers. Server A hosts a public website with the elasticsearch
Server B retrieves XML productfeeds , parses the feeds, and
adds/deletes/updates these products into the ES index on server A using a
TransportClient.

The problem:
- this process takes place on 3:00 am (supposedly a quite time)
- 9 out of 10 days I'll get a NoNodeAvailableException on a random point
during the indexing of the records.
- When I run the process during daytime (e.g. 10:00 am), everything works
fine.

My guess:
 In the access logs I see that a lot of bots are crawling my site around
3:00 am. Since the exception occurs randomly and only when the site is
busy, it has to be a threading/connection problem

My question:
How can I debug this problem to figure out if it is a
threading/jvm/memory/connection problem. I want to see some actual proof
instead of guessing around.
Any debug settings or plugins I can try to monitor the ES nodes?

Any tips or pointers are most appreciated.
Dennis