Hi,

I am trying to perform a filtered aggregations across multiple indices and
types and am coming across a problem when filtering on fields that exist in
one type and not another. The query fails to parse with the error "failed
to find geo_point field [place]" when trying to use the geo bounding box
filter. Steps to recreate the problem can be found
at https://gist.github.com/owainb/fb58a7703a73b456b887.

Can anyone suggest a way to achieve this type of filtering? If the field
doesn't exist in a document then I don't want the document to be included
in the aggregation result, and I need the filter to only apply to the
aggregation.

Thanks.

Elasticsearch Version: 1.3.0
OS: Linux 32-bit