I am using ElasticSearch for indexing logs. I have configured few Kibana
dashboards to periodically check the health of the logs.

I upgraded the ElasticSearch nodes from "" to "". Some of the dashboards in
Kibana have stopped working since the upgrade. The error following error is
shown:

Error Could not find <dashboard id>. If you are using a proxy, ensure it is
> configured correctly.

Strangely, many other dashboards are working fine. I also noticed if I
search directly in ElasticSearch using query API, all dashboards are being
listed, even those which are throwing 404. But when I try to access them
using the get api, they throw 404.

Example query api where the dashboard is being listed:

    curl -XPOST 'https://localhost:9200/kib-int/dashboard/_search' -d
'{"query":{"bool":{"must":[{"term":{"dashboard.title":"health"}}],"must_not":[],"should":[]}},"from":0,"size":10,"sort":[],"facets":{}}'

Example get api where the document throws 404:

    curl -XGET 'https://localhost:9200/kibana-int/dashboard/Log health'

Any idea, what is going wrong?

 - the version of your JVM: java version "1.7.0_55"
 - your local configuration:  your operating system: Amazon Linux
 - how many nodes and indices you have: 3 nodes, 15 indices
 - what gateway you are using (eg local, fs, s3 etc): local