Hiya

> Simple question, but there seems to be a lack of detailed examples for
using the otherwise very useful Search::Elasticsearch CPAN module !

The idea was that the API of the module maps very closely to all of the
REST APIs in Elasticsearch, so that anything that works with raw curl
statements should be easy to translate into requests with Search::ES.

Btw, you can always see the equivalent curl statement output to STDERR with
the following:

    $e = Search::Elasticsearch->new( trace_to => 'Stderr')

Would this be the correct syntax ?

> {match => { severity => {query=>'info',boost=>20}}}
>

> Even with the agressive boost, I'm still getting "notice" as the
> prioritised results ?

That is the correct syntax.  Perhaps try just searching for "info" to see
if you actually have matching results?