Hi Robert,

Or maybe it's worth rethinking the architecture to avoid having to do
tricks like no-replicas for 1h.  Kafka in front of ES comes to mind.  We
use this setup for Logsene <http://sematext.com/logsene/> and don't have
the problem with log loss, so it may work well for you, too.

I think you could also replace Redis + 3 Logstash servers with 1 rsyslog
server with omelasticsearch, which has built-in buffering in memory and on
disk (see links below for config examples).

Some pointers that may be helpful:
* http://blog.sematext.com/?s=omelasticsearch
* http://blog.sematext.com/2013/07/01/recipe-rsyslog-elasticsearch-kibana/

Otis
--
Elasticsearch Performance Monitoring * Log Analytics * Search Analytics