I see what you mean.

Is it possible that once the shards have been allocated by this formula or
the policies, they will ever change again.

I mean, if we have 3 indices on a two node cluster with 10 shards each. Now
I add another index with 10 shards, will the EXISTING indices' shards be
reallocated? Or is reallocation only for new shards?