Hi Lee!  Thanks for responding.  Ok, here goes:

Version: 1.2.1->1.3.2
curl 'localhost:9200/_cat/health?v:
epoch      timestamp cluster                 status node.total node.data
shards  pri relo init unassign
1408630877 14:21:17  production-search-eqiad green          17        17
6050 2017    0    0        0

curl 'localhost:9200/_cat/shards?v':
https://gist.github.com/nik9000/815f3e39a3673e6f48ac

I'll keep digging into it now that I'm properly awake as well.

Nik