On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:46:12 AM UTC+8, Raphael Waldmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First I would like to thanks all of you for Elastic. I am thinking in use
> it in a ERP that I am building. What do you think about this? Am I crazy?
>
> Has someone face this? I really don't think that I am comfy enough to do
> this, change the problems that I already know, for new problems that I
> really don't know how to deal.
>
> I believe that nosql will prevail over traditional sql, but I don't know
> if I am ready to this task.
>
> So how you think that I should integrate (or not) postgresql with
> ELASTICSEARCH?

Will you plan t use ES to index data in postgresql?

I have similar idea, want to use ES instead datawarehouse.

Some problems  I can see:
1) Data in RDBMS are stored in tables,  connected with relationship. You
can use very complex sql to query a complex result, how to do in ES?
2) If your want to run some analyse algorithms with exist data, how to
running in ES?
3) if your data are enough big, search one keyword in '_all' field, ES will
be slow?

Thanks.
-Terrs

Thanks again,