We are trying to implement a 5 TB, 10 Billion item Elasticsearch cluster.
The key is an integer and the item data is fairly small.

We seem to run into issues around loading. Seems to slow down as the index
gets bigger.

We are doing this on EC2 i2.xlarge nodes.

How many documents/TB do you think we can load per node max?

So if we can do 2 Billion each then we need 5 nodes. We are trying to size
it.

Any advice is welcome. Even if it is that this is not a good thing to do :)

thanks