Hello ,

One tip from my experience -

   1. Disable refresh before bulk indexing and enable it once its done. ES
   waits for 1 second and then make all documents which are indexed during
   that time , searchable. -

http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/indices-update-settings.html#bulk
   2. Reduce replica to 0 while bulk indexing.
   3. Increase number of  machines and add the shard number . The indexing
   is happening in parallel. So more machines with a shard in it will help.

"If ’Word Segmentation‘ is the problem" - Please elaborate.

Thanks
            Vineeth