Got it…

You must not repeat the repo name in the JSON doc. It should be:

{
      "type":"s3",
      "settings":{
         "region":"us-east",
         "bucket":"my-bucket"

David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com
@dadoonet | @elasticsearchfr

Le 5 septembre 2014 à 14:12:51, Dylan Lingelbach (dy...@markitx.com) a écrit:

Thanks David.  I typed the command I was running to try to create the
repository incorrectly.  I am running
curl -XPUT 'localhost:9200/_snapshot/products-v0.2.1' -d '{ "products-v0.2.1":
{ "type": "s3", "settings": { "region": "us-east", "bucket": "my-bucket" } } }'

So I am using the PUT method.  When I do so I get the error I mentioned above.