2Jörg

1. How I decided that 3 is enough.
I've started from 2 nodes in the cluster. And it was not able to manage the
index load.
Then, in this
conversation,
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/elasticsearch/7XHQjAoKPfw,
you explained me that 2 nodes cluster is not a cluster. So I went to 3
nodes.
The indexing process now goes smoothly and I'm satisfied by it.
2. The maximum capacity = the size of the data? The data is spreaded
equally, each has ~500Gb. The shards are located not equally of course,
because it' shard to split 5 shards between servers.
3.

>  if your requirements allow that according to the data patterns and the
> search load, but not with the ES OOTB settings

what is the ES OOTB?

The main target of our cluster is to save all the logs from our internal
aplications and then allow us to search through them, and, do some
analytics using Kibana.
The search load currently is something about 0, because as soon I'm trying
to search it works quite slow, and when I'm trying to aggregate the values
- I even have my cluster down.

What is your view on this issue, Jörg, should we go to the 10 small
servers, rather then 3 big ones?

Regards,