I would strongly prefer to maintain control of the indexing side and not in
Elasticsearch. In fact, the Elasticsearch team has talked about deprecating
river plugins. I do not have any numbers, but I would suspect that the
majority of users do not use a river plugin. And yes, the correct term is
the JDBC plugin, not driver. The wrong term confused many. :)

--
Ivan