Hi,

I am looking through the sources, and I am not sure whether this is
possible. What I am looking to is the possibility to manipulate the
SearchRequest object when it reaches the SearchShards level.
Since I need to update the object with some value that is shard specific.

For this, I was checking the TransportBroadcastOperationAction which
actually allows to hit multiple shards and we can inject a SearchService.
However, in the response aggregation, we may have to write our own logic to
call SearchPhaseController::merge() or something. Not sure if this will be
a problem when the same code in ElasticSearch changes over releases.

There are also other classes like SearchServiceTransportAction and we can
also probably extend TransportSearchTypeAction like the other QAF, DFS_QAF,
QTF, DFS_QTF, etc. However, what I want to know is whether this is standard
practice and should be done this way? Or is there any other plugin that
allows me to do this?

Thanks,
Sandeep