Hi David,

I have identified the problem. Actually the transport client that i was
creating was like this:

Settings settings =
ImmutableSettings.settingsBuilder().put("client.transport.sniff",
true).build();
 client = new TransportClient(settings).addTransportAddress(new
InetSocketTransportAddress("localhost", 9300));

However if turn off the sniff portion then its working fine.

I am testing in a single node cluster so why does setting *sniff *property
to true is causing the problem?