Is it possible to sort equally-scored results by the length of the field?

Or am I doing something else incorrectly?

With an edge_ngram filter on a keyword field, with search term S, I see
SUPER comes before S in my results.

As a last resort, I could add a field to reflect the length of the keyword
field, or even turn on dynamic scripting, but I imagine i am missing
something vital....

Thanks
Lee