We have hundreds of shards on machines with two SSDs each.  Some are large
shards (20GB) but most are small (a couple MB).  It works fine except for
some trouble how Elasticsearch picks what shards go where (hint: it doesn't
take shard size into account beyond not filling up the disks).

Nik

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 3:32 PM, joergpra...@gmail.com <joergpra...@gmail.com