Hi Guys,

I need to get user retention from Elasticsearch.
My algorithm is:

retention_period = 60 days

1. start_registrations_date = today - retention_period - 30 days

2. end_registrations_date = today -retention_period

3. Get all users born in start_registrations_date to end_registrations_date

4. user_lifeTime = (day that user was last seen) - (day that user
registered)

5.  Retention = ((#users with user_lifeTime > retention_period ) / #users)
* 100

I have registration event that looks something like this :

{
   userId : "raz",
   createDate : "10-10-2014T11:00:00"
}
.
.
.

And ping event that looks something like this:

{
   userId : "raz",
   createDate : "10-10-2014T13:00:00"
},
{
   userId : "raz",
   createDate : "10-10-2014T14:00:00"
}
.
.
.

Now to my question:

How do you recommend  to achieve the retention using the aggregation
platform?
Is there away to aggregate users life time > some retention period in the
system?

I hope solving this issue will help someone here because calculating
retention/churn is a very common analytic.

Thanks,
Raz.