Hello

I need elasticsearch return considerably different results when searched
for "c#" and "c++".

After going through documenation/stackoverflow and few trail and errors, I
implemented custom analyzer that will consider # and + as ALPHANUM.
Now I am getting better results. But, few of my results even now contain
"c++" WITHOUT "c#" text when searched with "c#".

*Below is my analyzer:*
"settings": {
        "analysis": {
            "filter": {
                "hash_filter": {
                    "type": "word_delimiter",
                    "type_table": [
                        "# => ALPHANUM",
                        "+ => ALPHANUM",
                        ". => ALPHANUM"
                    ],
                    "split_on_numerics":"false"
                }
            },
            "analyzer": {
                "hash_analyzer": {
                    "type": "custom",
                    "tokenizer": "whitespace",
                    "filter": [
                        "lowercase",
                        "hash_filter"
                    ],
                    "char_filter": "html_strip"

*Below is the dummy mapper:*
"mapping": {
    "myIndex": {
        "_all": {
            "enabled": "true",
            "index": "analyzed"
        },
        "properties": {
            "description": {
                "type": "string",
                "index": "analyzed",
                "analyzer": "hash_analyzer"

Please provide me tips on how to improve so that I can get better results.

Thank you :)
Sri Harsha