Hi,

We are using Elasticsearch for one of our applications. As a part of which
we indexed about 3M documents and have built two indices around them. We
have used a cluster of 2 Nodes each with 7.5 GB RAM and have dedicated 4 GM
to the ES.

What we are seeing is that on one of the nodes, the amount of HEAP using by
ES is more that 60% allocated even though the most obvious ones like
filter-cache, field-data cache etc are pretty low to almost zero. So I am
trying to understand who else could be consuming the memory from ES. Any
pointers on what else should I be looking at.

Here is the snapshot of the same from elasticHQ:

 Cache ActivityField Size:0.00.0Field Evictions:00Filter Cache Size:24.0B
24.0BFilter Evictions:0 per query0 per queryID Cache Size:% ID Cache:0%0%
 MemoryTotal Memory:7 gb7 gbHeap Size:4 gb4 gbHeap % of RAM:54.5%54.5%%
Heap Used:66.3%26%GC MarkSweep Frequency:0 s0 sGC MarkSweep Duration:0ms0msGC
ParNew Frequency:0 s0 sGC ParNew Duration:0ms0msG1 GC Young Generation Freq:0
s0 sG1 GC Young Generation Duration:0ms0msG1 GC Old Generation Freq:0 s0

Thanks,
Karthik