On Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 18:57 CEST,
     Kellan Strong <vaid.kel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am having a problem with different timezones sending their
> information to elasticsearch/kibana. One of the logs that is sending
> is at UTC time however the elasticsearch box is at local time zone.
> The message is clearly sent at the time of the event however
> elasticsearch or kibana is indexing it so that only when its that time
> that will it show up.
> Is there a way to allow elasticsearch/kibana to be dynamic and read
> messages as they come in, rather than later ?

More information is needed. How are you sending the messages to
Elasticsearch? Is Logstash involved?

Kibana relies on the @timestamp field to be UTC. If your logs
are in UTC too it sounds like something is interpreting them as
local time and adjusting the timestamp accordingly before updating
@timestamp.

--
Magnus Bäck                | Software Engineer, Development Tools
magnus.b...@sonymobile.com | Sony Mobile Communications