The @timestamp field, created by logstash by default, has always worked
perfectly out-of-the-box with Kibana's time picker and also with curator.
Perhaps if you posted one document from your Elasticsearch response it
might help.

But I don't recommend that you create your own fields with @ as a prefix
character. Straying a bit from your question, I created some R scripts to
analyze and plot things in a way that neither Kibana nor Splunk can. What
I've noticed is that when I export as CSV, either from Elasticsearch or
from Splunk, and then import into R's CSV reader, I notice that:

1. Elasticsearch's @timestamp field becomes the X.timestamp field in R.

2. Splunk's _time field becomes the X_time field in R.

Which is one very good reason not to add a @ or _ to the front of your own
fields. It's a lot of extra hard-coded processing to figure out the source
and then choose the field using R when it's not the same name as the field
from Elasticsearch.

But I digress.

Brian