Hi, Andrew

Each index has 5 shards and each shard has 2 replica. There are 670 indices
now. So there are 670 days' data. But the data for each index is not even.
Small one only has 100KB(old date). Big one may has more than 1 GB(recent
date).

curl 'localhost:9200/_cat/indices/?v'

health index            pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size
pri.store.size

green  2014-03-22      5   1       1205           11     19.7mb
9.8mb

green  2013-11-08      5   2         58            0      4.8mb
1.6mb

green  2014-09-05      5   2     107055            5      1.3gb
473.7mb

We crawl different type social media data. Then accroding to the data's
created date write into correspondent index. Different social media type
will use different type,  so there are several types per index.

We use kibana to present data. By default, It will search latest one
month's data. And I notice the search queue.size(current is 1000) is not
enough.