ok thank for your explanation.
It's a major concern as ELS is scalabe and when a node goes down, we have a
rebalancing process which can take lot ot time.
i find it strange that this point has not been adressed long time ago

I think with a big cluster (>100 nodes) then the cluster is permanently
rebalacing (consuming network and performance) as nodes crash frequently.

Is it the same if i put the index in read only mode ?