Hello,

I am investigating the reason for ES to raise some exceptions while
processing data shipped by Logstash, and something doesn't make sense. The
software is running on Windows machines, and the log file is a JSON
document with dateTime fields formatted using invariant culture. Here's an
example of a dateTime value:

"ModifiedDate":"2014/11/25 10:22:47.9200 +01:00"

In ES log I see that this JSON caused an exception. Elasticsearch complains
about parsing ModifiedDate, and it prints the value:

"ModifiedDate":"2014.11.25 10:22:49.2100 +01:00"

Note that date separators changed! Apparently they now correspond to
machine UI culture, but shouldn't ES use the value as is, without
reformatting. Also if the date was reformatted it means that ES managed
somehow to recognized it as a date, then parse, re-format and only then
suddenly complain about it not being a good date, here is the message:

IllegalArgumentException: Invalid format: "2014.11.25 10:22:47.9200 +01:00"
is malformed at ".11.25 10:22:47.9200 +01:00", so it rejected the date
separator.

Does anyone know what could be a reason for such behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Vagif