I would guess that you need to refresh your field list in the Settings >
Indices > Index pattern section of Kibana4; this is a new thing in Kibana4
that's very different from v3. Drove me crazy trying to figure it out until
I filed an issue. See Rashid's answer to my Github issue here:

https://github.com/elasticsearch/kibana/issues/1995

It would be nice to see this happen at least semi-automagically in the
future; it's going to bite a lot of people during migration.