On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Nikolas Everett <nik9...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Michele Palmia <micpal...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I need to set up a system that provides spellchecking functionality on
>> user searches, similar to what Google does with its well known *did-you-mean
>> *suggestions.
>> The *term suggester* works very well for single words, but it doesn't
>> take into account shingles, thus not being able to provide suggestions that
>> are accurate enough for the standards I need to reach.
>> The *phrase suggester *is perfect for what I need, working with my
>> shingle fields to rank suggestions based on a language model, but *it
>> will not provide any suggestions for single-term queries.*
>>

> That right there sounds like a bug.  You should get _something_ for single
> term queries.  If you could put together some concise reproduction steps
> with curl and file it as an issue I'll look into it.

Replying to myself:

I'm able to get the phrase suggester to spit out single word suggestions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&search=gult&fulltext=Search
So maybe its a problem or your end.

Here is how it all comes about:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&search=gult&fulltext=Search&cirrusDumpQuery=yes
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=cirrus-mapping-dump&format=json
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=cirrus-settings-dump&format=json

Those contain the query, mapping, and settings in the indexes involved.

If I had to suggest I'd say you might not be including unigrams in your
suggest field.

Nik