Best way to do it is on the client side I believe.  You could probably
abuse transforms to just blow up when you see something you don't like.  I
don't _think_ they have the ability to manipulate the operation (to make it
noop) though.  If they do there certainly aren't any tests to make sure
that that doesn't break.

Nik