One more detail on this - the Marvel UI also displays the exact query
that's failing. Running that query results in a more informative message -
probably the root cause of the problem:
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.search.facet.FacetPhaseExecutionException:
Facet [fs.total.available_in_bytes]: failed to find mapping for fs.total.
available_in_bytes
And indeed, the *fs.total.available_in_bytes* isn't available in in the
marvel index.
Now - the reading is available on *_nodes/stats* - so I'm assuming it's a
mapping problem from Marvel.
But - I removed the old mapping, restarted the entire cluster and basically
allowed marvel to re-create the mapping it needs - so that should be
correct.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.