I have a log file that does not include a timestamp on each event.  Rather
a timestamp is generated and then one or more events are logged.  I am
trying to persist that timestamp and reuse it across the subsequent log
messages.  The logs look something like this:

*******

Mon Dec 15 17:16:07 GMT 2014

0x11092BA23 waiting 0.049387334 seconds

******

Mon Dec 15 17:26:08 GMT 2014

0x11092BA33 waiting 0.000103615 seconds

0x11092BA59 waiting 0.000102342 seconds

0x11092BA50 waiting 0.000858821 seconds

Any suggestions on storing that timestamp so that it can be applied on the
subsequent messages?