I have this same issue, except that CPU utilization is approximately the
same, but response times are very different. I'm using ES 1.3.4. I have two
JMeter tests simulating concurrent tests with the exact same configuration.
The test using the Java Sampler with the Transport Client are showing
response times that are twice as much as the test with HTTP samplers. Are
the connection channels in the ES client maybe overloaded?

Any insight on this would definitely be great.

Thanks,
Marie.