On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 10:03 CET,
     stephanos <stephan.beh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> we are using Google App Engine to host our SaaS app. Google offers a
> nice log browser but it is way too sloooow. So one of my colleagues
> suggested we pipe our logs to logstash and make them accessible via
> Kibana. So far so good, we managed to set everything up.
> But when Kibana was shown to the other team members they weren't
> really excited. It was much faster, yes. It allowed to make better
> queries, yes. BUT it broke the pattern they knew from the Google App
> Engine log browser:
>     /some-request
>         log message 1
>         log message 2
>     /another-request
>         log message 3
>     /yet-another-request
>         log message 4
> While Kibana works like this:
>     log message 1    /some-request
>     log message 2    /some-request
>     log message 3    /another-request
>     log message 4    /yet-another-request
> So basically App Engine groups log messages by request. To get my
> team on board, can we make Kibana do the same?

Not out of the box, no. Kibana doesn't have any such contextual
understanding of messages and currently can't be configured as
such either.

--
Magnus Bäck                | Software Engineer, Development Tools
magnus.b...@sonymobile.com | Sony Mobile Communications