I'm starting working with Elastic and Kibana.
I have indexed some JSON but I think that there're something that I'm
missing.

My JSONs have some simple fields and another field that it's an array, the
schema is:

{"akamai":{"mappings":{"miIndex":{"properties":{"date":{"type":"long"},"logs":{"properties":{"message":{"properties":{"cliIP":{"type":"string"},"fwdHost":{"type":"string"},"reqHost":{"type":"string"}}},"waf":{"properties":{"warnSlrs":{"type":"string"}}}}},"type":{"type":"string"}}}}}}

Fields as type, date are independent, but "logs" it's just a string in Kibana.

I'd like to see it like a real JSON as tree or something similar. I'm confused
because the schema looks good, but in Kibana it's just a String.

I have some Java classes to model the Json and use Jackson to parse it as this:

IndexResponse response = client.prepareIndex(indexName, docType)
        .setSource(jsonToIndex).execute().actionGet();

I thought as well that it could be some chars what are not correctly escaped so
I used StringEscapeUtils to escape them, but it doesn't fix anything.

Should I be able to see the "logs" field as a json or arrays in Kibana can't be
explored as a real json? what am I missing?