I've just installed Elasticsearch 1.4.2 using the RHEL RPM.  I noticed that
it didn't create a new user "elasticsearch" nor did it create a new group
"elasticsearch".  Nor are any of the directories I'd expect the default
user to be able to read and write owned by anything other than root.

This doesn't seem correct, at least from my perspective.  Won't the service
not run correctly without having the default user and group already
existing?  Do I have to manually create the elasticsearch user and group?
What directories should I have that user/group own?  Are they're other
changes that I have to manually make?

Thanks,
S.J.