Greetings,

I'm currently trying to do scoring over counts of events, and the way I
imagined was document scoring based on integer proximity in the fields.

ex: a document where fieldA = 400 would score higher agains a document with
fieldA=450 than one with fieldA>500 or <400.

Looking at TF/IDF I would assume the integers are handled as tokens and
that proximity in the range is not taken into account when scoring. Am I
correct to assume this and, if so, is there any way to effeciently score
based on number only?

Thanks

--

*NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER*

This email (including attachments) is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, delete this email from
your system and do not disclose or use for any purpose.

Business Address: 1 Bath Street, London, EC1V 9LB.
Registered Office: Finsgate, 5-7 Cranwood Street, London, EC1V 9EE
Big Data Partnership Limited is a company registered in England & Wales
with Company No 7904824