On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:37 AM, buddarapu nagaraju <budda08n...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Does term aggregation counts on blank field values ?

Yes, an empty value "" counts as a term. Note that you need the field to be
not analyzed for it to work (or to use an analyzer that emits empty
strings). Otherwise the standard analyzer would analyzer "" as an empty
list of tokens, so a field value of "" would not actually count...

> Does term aggregation is enough for doing date aggregation ? Or there any
> specific aggregations we have ?All I need in date aggregation is to know
> different dates and its counts ?

A terms aggregation is enough, but a date_histogram aggregation is
generally more useful on dates as there are lots of unique values and it's
often more useful to group them based on the year, month or day.

--
Adrien Grand