This only means that segment merging is going on. This produces generations
of segments that are obsolete, these are internally marked as "deleted".
Later the obsolete generations are cleaned up automatically when the
segment is touched by significant amount of new data. Do not worry about
that, there is nothing you should do. Of course, you can play with
_optimize API, but the downside is imposing heavy load on the node.

Jörg